MOSI- Museum of Science and Industry
The Museum of Science and Industry in Tampa, otherwise known as MOSI is a non-profit, community-based institution and educational resource that is dedicated to advancing public interest, knowledge and understanding of science, industry and technology. MOSI’s core ideology is to make a difference in people’s lives by making science real for people of all ages and backgrounds.
Visitors will experience a scientific playground of over 450 hands-on activities in the largest science center in the southeastern United States. Activities include:
- Imagination Playground where kids can engineer everything from robots to cities using cubes, bricks, cogs, curves, and cylinders! Imagination Playground allows kids to play in a way that encourages creativity and collaboration, while continually exploring new directions and initiatives that promote the benefits of learning, social development, movement and above all, fun.
- Learn through play inside Kids In Charge!, the largest children’s science center in the nation. Also be sure to check out MISSION: Moonbase (located inside Kids In Charge!) where you can experience life inside a lunar colony.
- Brave extreme weather conditions inside Disasterville, featuring WeatherQuest—a 10,000 square foot exhibition on the science behind tornados, hurricanes, wildfires and much more!
- Guests can harness themselves onto a bicycle along a 98-foot-long steel cable, suspended 30 feet above ground on MOSI’s High Wire Bike, the longest in a U.S. museum.
- Challenge your sense of adventure by walking on the wild side at the new Sky Trail® Ropes Course.
- Enter into an engineered ecosystem in the BioWorks Butterfly Garden and view multiple kinds of free-flying butterflies or visit the Richard T. Bowers Historic Tree Grove and Back Woods Forest and enjoy all that nature has to offer!
- Learn about the human body in all its complexity, from DNA to organs in The Amazing You, an Exhibition of the Human Body.
- Take in an astronomy show in The Saunders Planetarium and gaze into the starry nighttime sky.
- Plus, visit Florida’s only dome theater – the Florida Hospital IMAX® Dome Theatre. The IMAX® Dome motion picture system projects images of unsurpassed size, clarity and impact onto a dome shaped screen providing 10,500 square feet of visual imagery.
Check out MOSI’s latest addition: IdeaZone, a “do-it-yourself” laboratory with an open ended platform to allow students of all ages to explore, learn and have fun. Check out the special STEAM programs happening every Saturday along with special camps and events.
Homeschool families receive 50% off a Family Basic MOSI Membership!**
To take advantage of this incredible offer, all you need is a homeschool ID card from your homeschool organization or a recent “Letter of Good Standing” from the county. Click here to get a Homeschool Helpdesk ID Card.
Simply bring your ID card or letter to the Membership Desk or the Ticket Office and not only will your family receive a 50% discount on a Family Basic Membership, but you will also be able purchase discounted tickets to films in the Florida Hospital IMAX DOME Theatre, the Sky Trail Ropes Course and Zip Line, and tickets to all our S.T.E.A.M. (science, technology, engineering, art and math) educational programs, including in-depth Homeschool programs to help you supplement your child’s learning.
** Helpdesk Tip! MOSI has a reciprocal agreement with many museums so not only will you save 50% off membership, you will also get into other museums for FREE or at a reduced rate as well.
|Address||4801 E. Fowler Avenue|
Tampa, FL 33617
|Category||Museums, Out of Town, Things To Do|
|For Ages||All Ages|
Tampa, FL 33617